Friday 4th October 2019
Lecture rooms L1 L2,
Education Douglas Macmillan Hospice,
Stoke on Trent,
* Learn innovative, progressive & advanced specialist techniques to connect with compassion
* Improve communication and fulfill unmet needs with practical tools & skills
* Explore ways of communicating and easing anxiety and reducing medication needs through nuturing touch.
* Provide meaningful engagement through truly “person centred” & “holistic” approaches
* Increase confidence & competence working in this field
* For qualified bodywork therapists, carers, family, friends & dementia professionals
For more details on course content, please see frequently asked questions.
1-1 training may be preferable because you would like a personal touch, 1-1 is your preferred style of learning or one of the planned dates does not suit you. 1-1 training provides you with flexibilty of training to suit your specific needs and goals. Please click on the 1-1 training button. It is a good idea to get in touch 1st so that you can confirm a date that is suitable for us both. You can book one-toone training here or by contacting Nicolle by email
After successfully completing the course, either in a group or 1-1, qualified therapists will gain CPD points with one or more of the professional bodies. Carers and other professionals will receive a certificate of attendance.
‘The course was far wider than just massage and I have been trying things out with the dementia people in one of the care homes I visit with remarkable results. One lady who just sits and does not interact with anyone happily told us all about the war and what Windsor was like when she was a young girl’ JC, Massage Therapist, Fleet, Hants
“An opportunity to learn how to enable people who have dementia feel comfortable about having massage & nurturing touch, learning specialist techniques that reflect understanding the world from your client or loved one’s perspective.”