Never stop tweaking the manual & always listen deeply with your eyes, ears and hands
One Day Training Course
- Learn innovative, progressive and advanced specialist techniques to connect with compassion
- Improve communication and fulfill unmet needs with practical tools and skills
- Explore ways of communicating and easing anxiety and reducing medication needs through nurturing touch
- Provide meaningful engagement through truly “person centred” and “holistic” approaches
- Increase confidence and competence working in this field
- For qualified bodywork therapists, carers, family, friends and dementia professionals
For more details on course content, please see frequently asked questions.
One-to-one may be preferable because you would like a personal touch, one-to-one is your preferred style of learning or one of the planned dates does not suit you. 1-1 training provides you with flexibilty of training to suit your specific needs and goals. Please click on the one-to-one training button. It is a good idea to get in touch 1st so that you can confirm a date that is suitable for us both.
After sucessfully completing the course, either in a group one-to-one, qualified therapists will gain CPD points with one or more of the professional bodies. Carers and other professionals will receive a certificate of attendance.
The course was far wider than just massage and I have been trying things out with the dementia people in one of the care homes I visit with remarkable results. One lady who just sits and does not interact with anyone happily told us all about the war and what Windsor was like when she was a young girl
JC, Massage Therapist, Fleet, Hants
An opportunity to learn how to enable people who have dementia feel comfortable about having massage & nurturing touch, learning specialist techniques that reflect understanding the world from your client or loved one’s perspective.