How to Massage People who live with Dementia
Our Training Courses
1 Day Training Course
- Learn innovative, progressive & advanced specialist techniques to connect with compassion
- Improve communication and fulfill unmet needs with practical tools & skills
- Explore ways of communicating and easing anxiety and reducing medication needs through nuturing touch.
- Provide meaningful engagement through truly “person centred” & “holistic” approaches
- Increase confidence & competence working in this field
For qualified bodywork therapists, carers, family, friends & dementia professionals.
For more details on course content, please see below for frequently asked questions.
One to one training
One to one training may be preferable because you would like a personal touch. If one to one is your preferred style of learning or one of the planned dates does not suit you then one to one training provides you with flexibility of training to suit your specific needs and goals.
It is a good idea to get in touch 1st so that you can confirm a date that is suitable for us both.
After successfully completing the course, either in a group or one to one, qualified therapists will gain CPD points with one or more of the professional bodies.
Carers and other professionals will receive a certificate of attendance.
An opportunity to learn how to enable people who have dementia feel comfortable about having massage and nurturing touch, learning specialist techniques that reflect understanding the world from your client or loved one’s perspective.
The course was far wider than just massage and I have been trying things out with the dementia people in one of the care homes I visit with remarkable results. One lady who just sits and does not interact with anyone happily told us all about the war and what Windsor was like when she was a young girl.
JC, Massage Therapist, Fleet, Hants